“I can’t take my eyes off you”
“You’re just too good to be true
Can’t take my eyes off you.
You’d be like heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.”
Aquamarine, the birthstone for the month of March, is a stone you simply cannot take your eyes off. The seawater color of aquamarine has given this gemstone its name as the name “aquamarine” is derived from the Latin word for seawater.
Did you know?
In 1910, the largest ever aquamarine was found in Brazil, weighing 243 pounds. It was then cut into smaller stones, yielding over 200,000 carats.
Fall in love with the March birthstone. Here’s 5 reasons why!
• It is one of the most translucent gemstones you can find, with almost glass-like clarity, combined with light turquoise sparkle.
• Its color ranges from a light green-blue to a bright sky blue. The more intense the blue, the more valuable it is considered. Although, many people prefer the lighter colored stones because of their water-like sparkle.
• The finest of these blue gems come from Brazil’s Minas Gerais province. Although their government restricts merchanised mining to protect local tribes and the environment.
• Worn by Royalty! The British, Dutch and Danish crown jewelry feature these Brazilian gems in tiaras, necklaces and earrings.
• Aquamarine vs Diamonds. It’s a worthy battle! These light blue gems offer breathtaking sparkle, are very affordable in large sizes, and they suit any complexion.