Start your love affair with Morganite…
One of the most coveted and rare stones in the jewelry market, this peach variety of beryl is the very attractive cousin of emerald and aquamarine with a wonderful, feminine glow.
Morganite is the hottest stone on the market. This pink to orange-pink variety of beryl is a stunning mineral that includes elements of emerald and aquamarine as well as manganese, which gives it a wonderful feminine colour.
Did you know? It was first discovered in California and Madagascar in the early 20th century and since then has been one of the jewelry world’s best kept secrets. It’s a durable, lustrous, clear and brilliant gem.
Here are some key facts to get you up to speed…
It’s a rare find!
1. It’s so rare, that it has fallen under the radar! Although morganite deposits can be found in Brazil, Mozambique, Namibia, Afghanistan and Russia, quality morganite is rare. This means that there aren’t enough standard-sized stones for manufactured jewelry, keeping it lovely and exclusive. It gets its name from the discovery under financier J.P Morgan, so it’s always been one for those living the high life.
Imperfections are beautiful
2. Flaws and inclusions are bound to be present in this stone. It’s part of its beauty and a composite consequence of its chemical make-up, being a peach-colored mineral. All in moderation, though. If you can see a inclusion with the naked eye then this is a lesser quality stone, so be savvy in your shopping.
Bigger the better!
3. The larger stones have the best quality. The higher the carat or weight of this stone, generally, the higher its quality. This is why stones of higher carat are always chosen to make exquisite ornaments from this gem.
Go for intensity
4. The best stones are those with the most intense and bright colors. This also makes them the most expensive, but just from looking at them, it’s clear that it’s worth it. The most valued color is the natural bright, deep pink, which can be enhanced further with a good cut. Be on the look-out for treated stones which are considered less desirable.
Jewelry with attitude!
5. It has good energy. This stone is believed traditionally to provide positive attitudes at times of stress and relaxing benefits. It helps to develop key attributes, such as patience, resilience of work and communication and fosters love between two partners.
6. And it can help your health. It is thought that morganite can help to cure respiratory related problems and can increase the oxygen flow to your cells. Get peace of mind, body and soul and think more clearly with this stone around your finger or your neck…
Who needs a better reason to invest?
Here are some of our top picks.
Comments are closed